Speech and Drama Programme:
MAJOR TEACHING EMPHASIS
1. Teach language structure and patterns through:
- Choral and Drama scripts
2. Develop ability to adjust language skills through:
- Group presentations
3. Encourage children to:
- Tell stories
- Recount experiences
- Describe ideas, events and objects
- Report information
- Role play characters and situations
4. Develop and extend children’s use of vocabulary in different contexts
5. Through speech games and activities (Show-and-Tell), to give and receive:
- Simple explanations
- Information and instructions
Using the EXPLORE, EXPERIENCE & ENGAGE model, our experienced and qualified Speech and Drama Instructors will train pupils in Oral Communication and Drama skills.
The key programme objectives are:
- Enable pupils to speak confidently with good articulation and enunciation.
- Develop self and social awareness by allowing exploration and experimentation.
- Provide opportunities for students’ creative and aesthetic development
- Develop creative thinking and social skills, and the ability to work with others.
- Impart the skills of speaking confidently, clearly and expressively.
- Promote poise and confidence through challenging and fun-filled activities.
- Explore the world of literature through drama activities.
- Prepare pupils to recite / perform for an audience
Pupils will be taught to be confident communicators. Ample opportunities will be given to develop the skills of listening, speaking and presenting.